NTCA is a free, public charter school. As such, we do not charge tuition or fees to attend our school!
The vision of North Texas Collegiate Academy, a TEA accredited school, is to develop a partnership with parents and the community to provide a nurturing environment in which students master college preparatory and vocational skills while cultivating their unique talents in a character-based atmosphere. North Texas Collegiate Academy will fulfill this vision through the implementation of 4 district goals:
(1) to effectively implement a challenging curriculum that exceeds state standards,
(2) to promote a comprehensive college and career readiness program for all students,
(3) to sustain a culture that promotes high expectations for character, academics, and leadership for all students and staff, and
(4) to engage all stake holders: family, community, and schools, in a relationship of mutual respect and trust.
Character education is a huge part of the NTCA program. Every class, every day, in every grade level starts the school day with a character trait lesson focusing on our district character trait of the week. Without character, academic knowledge is of little benefit. We know that instilling values and ethics in our students, coupled with our strong academic program, equips them for life long success.
Our character education program has 4 primary goals:
(1) to promote and model use of respectful language,
(2) to build relationships of acceptance and respect for diversity,
(3) to manage student behavior, and
(4) to encourage perseverance, consistency, and integrity in our attitudes and actions.
To view our character trait calendar, click here.
We provide an academically rigorous college-preparatory curriculum to ensure that our students are prepared for success in high school and college. Our students are accountable for the same high-stakes assessments as any other public school in Texas. The difference is that we do not focus on those tests. We believe that if every day of instruction is rigorous, well-planned, and relevant, the our students will perform above the standard on state tests. We allow these tests to show how well our students have mastered the standards for each grade level and subject area.